Mon Komo Wedding Redcliffe – Kayla & Cameron
14 June 2017/ Wedding
Mon Komo Wedding!! We photographed the Wedding of Kayla & Cameron! They came to see me and booked us the week before their Wedding because they had a very bad experience with another photographer. Such a pity for them to have to go through the stress that that experience put them through. However the good thing was they found us and we had a lovely day together and captured so many fantastic images.
Location of Wedding: Lake Eden, North Lakes
Location of Reception: Mon Komo Hotel, Redcliffe (Stunning Mon Komo Wedding!)
Makeup Artist: Hollywood Brides
Hairdresser: Local Hairdresser
Wedding Planner: Sharde Lang
DJ: AwesomeX Mobile DJ & Karaoke
First Dance Song: “All of Me” – John Legend
Dress Boutique: Hills in Hollywood
Caterer: Mon Komo Hotel, Redcliffe
Cake Maker: Jackie’s Cakes by Design
Florist: Paula (Neighbour)
Here’s some questions we asked Kayla & Cameron:-
We went to the same school but were never properly introduced until I had left his school. We met in a shopping car park with a bunch of friends.
- How did he pop the question?
He decided that for our anniversary that we would take turns in organizing the day. Little did I know he planned it that way so I wouldn’t get suss. He asked me when we were out to dinner.
- How long have you been together?
Started dating in 2009
- How would you describe your overall wedding experience?
We wouldn’t change anything to our wedding! Everything that happened was better than expected
- What advice would you offer to other couples planning a wedding?
Make sure you do research on every component. We got scammed by our first chosen photographer and almost did not get our money back.
- What photography-related advice would you offer to a couple?
Talk to other couples and go by referrals.
- Tell me about your dress. Where did you find it, how did you choose it, how did you know it was the one?
I found my dress at Hills in Hollywood. I was almost not going to bother trying it on and move past instead but my bridesmaids insisted and it turned out to be my dress. My bridesmaids got emotional and just knew as well as myself that we found it.
- How was your experience with photos/working with me on your wedding day?
Helen is fantastic! She makes you feel so comfortable by making you laugh and keeping it very light.
- Did you see each other before the wedding? If not, did you like waiting or would you have rather done it differently? Tell me why or why not!
Cameron didn’t want to see each other the whole week before the wedding! However, with all the family wedding adventures that didn’t happen.. We didn’t see each other two days before the wedding and it made it even more special. Spending the last two days with my bridesmaids was fun and we got the final touches done.
- Any tips on how to prepare for the wedding photos?
Drink lots of water, being a model is exhausting!
- Any tips that you have about preparing your wedding party for the photos? What did you tell them, how did you get them to cooperate, what did you do or what would you have done differently?
Our bridal party was pretty casual, we didn’t do any planning in regards to this. Helen was helpful and we were able to follow along with her plans
- Did you find a store/site that had everything you were looking for? Use this space to talk about favourite shops. You can include where you got your dress, sites you got your veils/décor/accessories, etc.
Beautiful Beach Weddings – these guys were fantastic and I did my whole DIY ceremony through them, did most of it online too.
- What were you most anxious, nervous or fearful about regarding your wedding day and what was the outcome?
We were nervous about the photos, before finding Helen of course!
- What kind of food was served at your reception?
Three course sit down meal
- What was the first song you danced to as husband and wife? Father-daughter dance? Mother-son dance?
I didn’t want to do a first dance, I find it so corny. However, all of our guests and bridal party made me. So it wasn’t planned but the DJ put on “All of Me” by John Legend.
Thank you Kayla & Cameron for sharing your wonderful day.